As a Reminder, Please use Individual Usernames and Passwords when Registering. Family Accounts will Not Allow You to Fully Registers you Players and may Cause Registration Errors in the Future. Thank You, NYSA Staff
2014-2015 Practice Schedule for Fall 2014
All teams will train on Monday and Thursday nights
Training times will be communicated by individual coaches
AGE CHART for Academy:
U-08 (’07 player)
U-09 (’06 player)
U-10 (’05 player)
Academy Skills Training Fall 2014 Dates: Coming soon
Club Training Sessions: designed to bring all academy players together in club atmosphere to develop specific techniques.
Academy Director will design sessions for club training sessions and communicate to parents what our specific training goal for that week will be.
Purpose of the NYSA Academy
The NYSA academy provides our players the opportunity to train with professional coaches ensuring that they are receiving proper training. It places them in situations with players of similar abilities that challenges them and builds confidence. The Academy is not a results-based program. Players are taught to give their best and play good soccer regardless of success. They will be taught to strive for excellence not success.
When players improve their technical ability they grow in confidence and give themselves a greater capacity to process information, which is vital in the development of young soccer players. Improving technique is paramount to the Academy
Another way to increase enjoyment of the game is through interaction with team mates through small group activities that enhance skillful and imaginative play. Such activities include, (2v1, 2v2, 2v3, 3v3, and 4v4 to goals or targets) At a young age, children play in a number of positions to improve their all around understanding and knowledge of the game.
Playing With High Standards
Discipline is a key factor when learning the game of soccer. NYSA expects all players to attend each training session. Players should arrive early, with shirts tucked in and socks pulled up displaying proper Academy training attire. Equipment, including a soccer ball, shin-guards and water bottle are mandatory items for each session. We also require that the players treat the coaching staff, opponents, and referees with the utmost respect. Many of these standards come from parents and guardians, setting proper examples.
Who is Academy for?
Academy is open to any U8 - U10 player. Academy is a step above recreational soccer and is for the player that has shown he or she wants to be more committed or has shown signs of becoming a more elite athlete or player at a young age. Do not force your child into academy because you want more, but because your child wants more.
- Sign up and group formation is at the beginning of August each year. Players can be added to groups throughout the year.
- The fall outdoor season is August to November and concludes at the NYSA Classic Cup tournament the second weekend of November.
- The Indoor season begins the week after Thanksgiving and extends through mid January.
- The Spring outdoor season begins the week after Presidents weekend and extends through the first weekend in May.
- Players play in 8-12 games and 1-2 tournaments during the fall and spring outdoor seasons
- Players train twice per week on Monday and Thursday. They have the opportunity to attend extra training sessions on Wednesday.
-Teams Participate in the Premier Youth Development League (PYDL) Games on Saturdays.
- Club friendlies are played on Friday nights unless against club out of OKC metro area.
- Teams can also schedule games outside the club Friday night Friendlies to add games and get each team the appropriate competition level. These games will be played on weekends unless a rescheduled game.
Cost of Academy Program
Registration for the year - $150 due on sign up by July 31
$65 monthly training fees due on 1 of each month beginning September 1 – April 1
Additional fees for tournament entry fees and indoor league fees
A limited amount of Scholarship are available (click Here)
Academy Uniforms: (purchase between July 28 - August 8)
1 Green A4 Uniform (used for training and games)- $15
1 White A4 Uniform - $15
Black Adidas Squadra II Shorts - $20
1 Black and 1 White Adidas field socks - $10 each
Uniforms can be purchased at the Soccer Shop n More which is located next to the office at the soccer complex.
Questions regarding the Academy program can be emailed to
NYSA Technical Director